Ransomware Protection Services
Ransomware is a form of malicious software (or malware) that, once it’s taken over your computer, threatens you with harm, usually by denying you access to your data both locally on you PC and on the Server. The attacker demands a ransom from the victim, promising — not always truthfully — to restore access to the data upon payment.
Users are shown instructions for how to pay a fee to get the decryption key. The costs can range from a few hundred dollars to thousands, payable to cybercriminals in Bitcoin.
There are a number of ransomware viruses that can take access of a computer. One of the most common delivery systems is phishing spam — attachments that come to the victim in an email (sometimes from what is believed to be a trusted source), masquerading as a file they should trust. Once they’re downloaded and opened, they can take over the victim’s computer, especially if they have built-in social engineering tools that trick users into allowing administrative access. Some other, more aggressive forms of ransomware, like NotPetya, exploit security holes to infect computers without needing to trick users.
GAM’s Ransomware Protection Services Suite is a combination of Services designed to Prevent and Recover from Ransomware events.
- Encryption Event Monitoring – Installed at the Server and user endpoints, our encryption event monitoring software stops the service and or the offending system from hijacking data minimizing exposure to compromised data.
- Security Awareness Training – Our self-paced online training tools arms the user community with the knowledge to be a human firewall. Knowing how to interpret and decipher email phishing attacks, preventing access to your system and data is 90 percent of the battle. GAM’s Suite of Services has measures in place to recover from a compromised user however the best defense is arming the user community with the tools and knowledge to prevent an infection & potential outbreak before it starts.
- Endpoint & Server Patch Management – Some Ransomware is designed to propagate from one system to another taking advantage of Operating System Security holes. These holes are known to hackers as there are included in the published information in Critical and Security Operating System Updates. GAM’s Patch Management Service keeps up with the task of updating Endpoint and Server systems on a weekly basis, preventing the exploitation of system to system propagation.
- Managed Frequent Data Protection – At GAM we encourage our clients to implement Data Protection Solutions that perform frequent and managed backup operations throughout the day. The value to this approach is simple, “Multiple Restore Points”. The creation of multiple restore points along with a 30 day retention allows GAM to help our clients recover from any data that may have been compromised and from a very recent past date and time. Backup Operations fully Managed & Monitored from GAM’s Network Operation Center.
- Managed & Monitored Endpoint Protection – At GAM we believe ALL Malware events require an IMMEDIATE response. GAM’s Network Operation Center is Monitoring, waiting to respond to any and all malware detection alerts.
start your website today
Free Add-ons. Free Updates. Free Support